Thursday 22 May 2008

Metal? This week I need no prompting..


Well I'm still gobsmacked. Last week at Bassett's Pole I thought the MCE Insurance team had bagged possibly the finest and rarest machines in the area, with the awesome tricked up Hayabusas and B-King Turbo.


We turned up on Tuesday this week (20th May) with our helmet-polishing babes ready to push the MCE name in the Interest of Cheap Motorcycle Insurance and what did we come across?


A fully tricked up Boss Hoss! That's a 355 bhp, 5.25 litre (not a typing error- 5.25 litre!) V-8 beast. I have it on good authority that there are less than a dozen of these in th UK. See the video at the bottom of today's blog for the walk-around.


After photographing and videoing 'the Hoss' I staggered back to the MCE babes- still amazed by my find. I started talking bikes to a guy named Gavin (6ft 5 personal bodyguard, built like a brick ****house). 'You must ride a pretty big machine' I remarked. 'Yes, A Honda Rune' he said.


Boss Hoss, Helmet-polishing hotpant-clad babes and now a Rune? What an evening!They only made 1,500 Runes in the WORLD you know.


Gavin let me take photos and a bit of video- check out the bar on the right for the pictures in the 20th slideshow. If you click on any of the images you'll get the full size version.
.
.
Which do you prefer? Boss Hoss or Rune? I say Rune- and not just because Gavin was bigger than the Boss Hoss's owner.
.
.
And finally, a big thank you to all the MCE Insurance staff that made the trip to Bassetts Pole on some very nice bikes. (Note: got some good photos of camera-shy Emma from MCE this week- if the back of ladies heads is your thing!)


No comments: